Monday, January 14, 2008

Outlines

I've been working on outlining LICT. Several things have come out of this process.

  1. I've realized I have redundancies in several chapters. (How could I have missed something so basic? Let's attribute it to writer's thrall.)
  2. I can see where explication should be added for several plot points.
  3. I now understand how to beef up my villains. Right now they are much too two dimensional for my taste.
  4. I can see where outlining the main conflicts first before writing the story or doing much character development could have been useful.
  5. I have discovered I really love this novel!
It is a tedious process, outlining; however, I am finding it a worthwhile exercise. When it's finished, I'm on to the synopsis.

3 comments:

Antony Galbraith said...

I love it when Villians are almost people you can empathize with. It makes it much more challenging as a reader to "pick sides". It also makes the characters more realistic and alive.

I'm back!! And it is time for me to read your latest draft!

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable in support of me to have a web page, which is valuable for my knowledge. thanks admin

my page :: how to detox your body

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your site provided us with valuable information to work on.
You've done a formidable job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

My blog post :: Microsoft office gratuit